I was just typing and trashing a long post on how people I care about and a new perspective that has changed my life and how I view things when I, by an accident, stumbled into a wonderful article that was just light. I mean yeah my eyes were dripping like anything before that. Mom was ill and that literally blew the air out of me, and I just simply have low immunity for harsh words. So I finally found what is wrong with me! It is an amazing article you people got to read this and visit the site! And read my ending lines for the sake of Love
GUYS! I AM AN HSP aka HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON
It is now estimated that as many as 1 in 5 people are what may be called a highly sensitive person. Do you find yourself easily irritated, quick to anger and low on patience? Do sudden and loud noises disturb you excessively? Have you found yourself experiencing unusual health problems? Are you becoming more sensitive to the foods you eat? If you are experiencing some of these symptoms which are commonly associated with hypersensitivity, you may be a highly sensitive person, and learning about the condition can make a significant contribution to your health and happiness.
Definition of a Highly Sensitive Person
Highly sensitive people, also known as individuals who are hypersensitive or people with overexcitabilities, are simply otherwise normal human beings who happen to have the as of yet still uncommon trait of being extremely sensitive to stimuli, both internal and external.
Hypersensitivity can be an asset yet more often than not is a handicap because HSP’s, as they are also known, usually are not sufficiently aware of or educated about their very own nature, and so tend to suffer silently. In fact, highly sensitive individuals are often plagued with physical and health problems, occasionally resulting in debilitating physical handicaps when the mismanagement of their lives is not rectified.
Common Symptoms of Hypersensitivity
Following is a list of common symptoms and experiences that highly sensitive people normally suffer from. If in reading the following list of symptoms you find that you can identify with these experiences, there is a good chance you are a highy sensitive person. Recognizing and understanding the phenomenon and its role in your life will be critical to being able to not only live a full, healthy and happy life, but will also be essential in awakening to your divine purpose.
- Easily bothered by sudden or loud noises.
- Troubled by disorder in the environment.
- Unduly affected by the emotions and states of other people.
- Deeply troubled by conflict or violence.
- Sensitive to foods, smells and environmental chemicals.
Highly sensitive people are typically empathic, and this further complicates their lives. Empaths are those who feel very deeply the emotional energy of others, and for the HSP who is untrained in recognizing and understanding the condition so as to be able to learn how to shield and protect oneself from the chaotic and imbalanced energies of other human beings, life can be a living hell simply as a result of the people they are surrounded by.
It appears that a growing percentage of the population are becoming hypersensitive. Some estimates put the ratio at even 15-20% of all people. For the most part, hypersensitivity is a genetically influenced trait, although environmental factors play a significant role in its expression and in the experience of the condition. The increasing energetic chaos of modern life, amplified by technological development, seems to be increasing the occurence of hypersensitivity among human beings.
Drawbacks and Dangers of Being a Highly Sensitive Person
Hypersensitivity which is not properly addressed and managed can lead to even debilitating consequences, affecting every aspect of a person’s life. Here are some of the potential consequences of not understanding and addressing your unique needs.
- Poor Physical Health. An entire slew of physical conditions typically affect highly sensitive people, ranging from mild to serious food sensitivities, allergies, joint and muscle pain. If the trait is unconsidered and aggravated enough, it can eventually leads to auto-immune disorders such as lupus, fibromyalgia and even cancer. The excessive energetic imbalance to which HPS’s are susceptible interferes with proper hormone production and can result even in damaged and inflamed organs, further complicating one’s health condition.
- Emotional Instability. The highly sensitive person can be described as porous, and as such they typically have little defense against the energetic states of other people. Because of their open nature, they are particularly sensitive to anger, conflict, depression and unappiness in others. HSP’s tend to internalize these imbalanced states and emotions as if they were their own, and so may often be plagued with pain in relationships. Consequently, hypersensitive people tend to become irritable and quick to anger, although they tend not to hold onto these emotions. Unfortunately, persistent emotional instability typically leads to some form of substance abuse as a means of coping, and HSP’s can succumb to the abuse of food, alcohol and even drugs.
- Practical Problems. Due to their increased experience with pain, highly sensitive people are often overly cautious and fearful, particularly when making choices. Because they tend to think deeply, they are generally unecessarily encumbered by the fear of consequences even when addressing trivial matters. They tend to be indecisive. And because they feel at a deeper level, they are often more timid, shy, and even reclusive.
- Relationship Trouble. Because “normal” people do not experience things as profoundly as do hypersensitive individuals, their friends and companions often do not understand the extreme sensitivity of HSP’s, in effect wounding them almost continually out of ignorance. Non-HSP systems are different, and whereas a normal individual usually has a much thicker layer of protection against stimuli and energy, the highly sensitive person typically has practically no defense against external chaos. This can lead to extreme complications in relationships with normal people who often simply do not understand what the HSP goes through.
The truth of the matter is that the highly sensitive individual has an overly developed sense of self, ego, and this necessitates spiritual development. For the HSP, failure equals death, and so out of a deep fear of failure they are often doomed to unhappy and ungratifying circumstances, seldom realizing their unique gifted potential.
On this note, I will quote here what Pearl S. Buck, recipient of the Pulitzer Prize in 1932 and of the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1938, said regarding the highly sensitive person:
The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this:
A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive.
To him… A touch is a blow,
A sound is a noise,
A misfortune is a tragedy,
A joy is an ecstasy,
A friend is a lover,
A lover is a god,
And failure is death.
Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create… So that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating.
– Pearl S. Buck
Benefits and Advantages of Being a Highly Sensitive Person
The above quote now leads us to the significant and unique advantages of being a highly sensitive person, and to the unique gifts you have to offer the world.
Dr. Kazimiers Dabrowski in his Theory of Positive Disintegration and Overexcitabilities shows that highly sensitive people are gifted with a higher development potential. Usually, HSP’s are:
- Creative by nature. It has been said that all truly talented and gifted human beings are highly sensitive persons, yet most HSP’s never express their true creative genius.
- More aware. Because of their open and sensitive nature, HSP’s are usually aware of much more than the normal person. This gives them a much more sensitive tool with which to learn, grow, develop and understand.
- Have a greater development potential. Hypersensitivity is indicative of a spiritual energy field that is resonating at a higher frequency, hence its increased alertness, and so HSP’s are genetically predisposed with a great potential and capacity for personal development and evolution.
Suggestions for Living as a Highly Sensitive Person
For those who are hypersensitive, the following suggestions and guidelines can make the difference between happiness and misery, success and failure.
- Be physically active. Because the highly introspective and intelligent nature of highly sensitive people will generally draw them into occupations which are more mental than physical, a lack of grounding will exacerbate imbalance in their systems and lives. For HSP’s, daily physical activity is a must. Exercise daily to keep your energy system operating efficiently and this will lead to greater confidence, creativity, health and emotional state.
- Adopt a healthy diet. Because oversensitive individuals will tend to react much more strongly to foods, it is highly suggested that you embrace as natural and raw a diet as possible. Avoid processed foods, typically prepared with chemical additives and preservatives and devoid of real nutrients. In addition to being physically active, with a proper diet you will experience even greater levels of vitality, balance and well-being. Because the HSP system is so much more sensitive, it responds rapidly to changes and proper conditions. By eliminating overstimulating foods such as caffeine and sugar, you will begin experiencing greater energy levels and a much more powerful immune system.
- Detoxify your life. Avoid toxins not only in the foods you eat, but also in your environment and in your relationships. Learn to identify foods that adversely affect your system. Embrace a holistic lifestyle as much as possible. Chemicals found in common household products and manufacturing are toxic and can wreak havoc on the HSP immune system. And until you learn through spiritual development to process negativity, avoid negative people, situations and environments as much as possible.
- Learn to focus. Master the art and skill of focusing your attention on one thing at a time. Because we live in an age of technological innovation, take extra care particularly when working on a computer, an instrument that tends to inherently disperse one’s focus in endless directions. Do one thing at a time. By controlling and limiting the focus of your attention, you will not only be more productive and efficient, you will avoid the unnecessary stress and overwhelm that plagues most people.
- Engage in spiritual development. Last, but certainly not least, engage in spiritual development. This is really the heart of the matter, and the true gift of being a highly sensitive person. For the highly sensitive person, developing mentally, emotionally and spirituality is critical. It may be said that this is the very reason, the necessity of evolution, for the global increase in sensitivity. To necessitate evolution.
Your Divine Purpose
Throughout this article, I have described hypersensitivity primarily in terms of the physical nervous system. Yet the reality of the matter is that the phenomenon isenergetic, or spiritual in nature. Also, I have deliberately avoided the the term “disorder” when referring to hypersensitivity because in reality the phenomenon is agift. Hypersensitivity is a sign of a spiritually evolved soul (or it may be said of a soul that is ready to evolve), and this latent potential deserves to be developed.
By learning to develop your soul’s capacity to process life, you will un-limit your creativecapacity which otherwise remains dormant. Through overcoming the fear and inertia that tends to keep hypersensitive individuals unnecessarily stuck in life, they become free to not only pursue purpose and passion, but to make a significant contribution to the lives of others and to the world at large.
Because highly sensitive individuals respond so much quicker than the general population to stimuli, HSP’s are human indicators of a divine guidance system to assist development in accordance with the will of Life. They see and feel the effects of certain courses of action well before the general population becomes aware of them. In this regard hypersensitive individuals are not unlike the rose bush, which is often planted in a vineyard as an early warning system of disease in the soil. Because the rose will react much sooner than the grape vines, it provides an early warning system for measures to be taken to save the crop.
Now that you are better educated about your own nature, you can begin using it to unveil your divine purpose and assist the world in moving forward, in progressing intelligently in harmony with nature and Divine Will.
I hope you liked the amazing thing by the writer. I just ask for one humble thing. Sensitive people have a lot of problems that are, maybe, due to their own mistakes. But you know them when you see them. Try being humble and try to understand them. They are wonderful people deep down and become faithful friends. And losing them might be the worst thing you can bring upon yourself. Just don’t give up. They’ll work it out eventually. Give them a moment to breathe. They love like no one else and it is not their fault…
Yeah I know. I am one of them.